Your startup business has a valuable advantage over more established companies that have been running for the past several years. This is your ability to start out on the right foot, as opposed to groups that need to correct bad decisions and improve on less optimized solutions they’ve implemented in the past. You’ll have a quicker and easier time in identifying the right tools to use for your business, product development and promotional campaigns. This is unlike the time and money you’ll need to spend for resolving problems brought about by the wrong technologies and strategies, which many established companies tend to have made in the past (from the time they started).
Part of this process is identifying key website marketing tools that can help you achieve your primary objectives and goals for your startup business. This is a crucial step. Choosing the most suitable technologies that can aid you in your Web advertising and digital marketing activities can prevent future problems and issues, resulting to a more focused approach on reaching your target customers and ideal prospects without spending time and money in resolving problematic situations brought about by using the wrong tools. So to help you out — Here’s a fresh list of the top 10 Web marketing tools that many successful startups continue to use this year:
Top 10 Website Marketing Tools for Startups This 2019
- BuzzSumo — Because you need to start out by creating an ideal customer profile with timely details, BuzzSumo can provide you with insights and data about the activities, needs and interests of your target audiences at the moment. You’ll also be able to identify the online places where your ideal viewers frequently hang out, allowing you to go to those places and observe their relevant activities.
You can also identify content materials that are getting good engagement from your target customers, along with your top competitors in those places with the best performing organic content publishing and advertising campaigns. This in turn enables you to align your product development, offer design, organic content creation and marketing deployment plans to the most relevant interests and needs of your ideal markets. This also gives you the opportunity to learn from both the successes and mistakes of your top competitors. Plus, this talkingAds Ltd. website marketing tool can allow you to explore possible organic content publishing, advertising, traffic exchange and other mutually beneficial partnership deals for your business in the exact places where your target customers are hanging out.
- Google Adwords — This platform offers a set of tools that can allow you to dig deeper and learn more useful data about your customers. The Keyword Planner enables you to enter relevant keywords or key phrases that are likely used by your ideal prospects when they’re searching for relevant content in Google. You can then get keyword suggestions, search demand numbers, average CPC (cost per click) bids of other brands that are competing for the same search terms, geographic locations of those searches and so on. Meanwhile, the Google Trends tool allows you to pinpoint spikes across your target locations in the popularity of certain search terms and associated topics that are relevant to your business.
- WordPress — Many startups use WordPress to have their websites up and running in no time. With a large collection of free and paid themes to choose from, you’ll also be able to customize the overall look and feel of your website to match the content viewing preferences of your target audience. But aside from form optimization, you’ll also be able to take advantage of the thousands of plugins that can extend the functionality of your website to best suit your needs. With these free and premium WordPress themes and plugins combined, you’ll be able to convert WordPress from a blogging platform to a professional company site, community platform, social media portal, ecommerce establishment and so on.
- Yoast — This website marketing tool allows you to conveniently ensure that each of your posts and pages are optimized for Google and Bing. This is packaged as a WordPress plugin.
- Mail Chimp — List building is a key component of a cost-effective Web marketing campaign. This tool allows you to integrate a subscription sign-up form into the front end of your website. Many successful startups entice viewers to exchange their emails and phone numbers for irresistible offers like subscriber-only content, product demos, discounts, promotional pricing and so on.
- Google Analytics — You’ll need to monitor your traffic stats and relevant user activity data. This can allow you to pinpoint problem areas and bottlenecks that are limiting your potential for success. Also, you’ll be able to significantly improve your onsite content publishing and off-page marketing activities by analyzing the current traffic stats and user activity data that your website is getting.
- Hootsuite — Startups and established businesses alike should focus on social media marketing as an integral component of their overall promotional campaign plan. This website marketing tool makes it more convenient for you to implement, monitor and improve your social media postings, advertising and engagement tactics.
- Trello — Because you’ll eventually need to build product and front end development, sales, support and marketing teams, not to mention a business development department for your startup, you need a collaboration tool. Because you’re likely to choose remote workers instead of managing in-house staff as this provides you with a more cost-effective solution, you’ll need a tool like Trello to conveniently manage and monitor the collaboration activities of each of your teams.
- HubSpot — You’ll need a customer relationship management (CRM) software for your sales, marketing, customer acquisition and retention campaigns. This website marketing tool is a top choice of many startups worldwide because of its simple and easy to use interface.
- Payment Processor or Affiliate Platform — If you’re a merchant that sells your own products and service offers, then you need a reputable payment processor that’s trusted by your target customers. Of course, your chosen processor should also be able to provide your ideal prospects with payment options that are conveniently available in their geographic locations. But if you’re an affiliate, then you should join a credible affiliate network with trust-worthy back end systems for tracking cookies and commission payouts for your co-marketing activities.