Is your business prepared for significant marketing development changes that are expected to happen in the next few years? Many industry analysts predict that a lot of the most widely used service providers all around the world will start to roll out 5G mobile network technology by 2020. So what exactly does this mean for the advertising, sales and marketing campaigns of your business? To effectively answer this question, you must know what 5G mobile network tech is all about.
Simply put, this is the 5th generation of iterative developments on wireless and mobile Internet connectivity protocols. A massive improvement from current 4G or LTE mobile networks, 5G is expected to be 100 times faster than the download and upload speeds you’re getting today from your LTE and 4G network.
This is also expected to drastically reduce latency rates as well as tremendously increase connection reliability and accessibility throughout more remote locations, even in developing countries. Plus, it’s equipped with significantly lower power requirements and offers more inexpensive implementation and maintenance for service providers. As you can see, it’s in the interest of relevant product manufacturers and service providers to start developing and integrating 5G mobile network connectivity features into their devices and service systems. Plus, it’s in the interest of many businesses and individual consumers to use 5G mobile network connectivity for their day-to-day activities.
Now that you know what 5G mobile network technology can do, and also why almost all businesses and consumers are likely to embrace this upgrade, it’s time for you to learn the top 5 marketing development changes that you can expect from this technology, even during its nascent rollouts. For your convenience, we’ve compiled this quick checklist below.
5 Radical Marketing Development Changes to Expect with 5G Mobile Network Tech Upgrades
- More Focus on Mobile Network Usage Data for Target Market Identification – It wouldn’t be a wise business move to ignore a 10,000% data download and upload speed increase in a consumer’s mobile data subscription. Remember, large numbers of users all around the world are expected to shift to this 5G mobile network as soon as it becomes available. This can significantly change their content viewing preferences, shopping habits, data sharing needs and social media engagement activities.
In turn, this is why your marketing development campaigns for your business should be aligned to these dramatic changes. Your job is to segment your ideal customers into appropriate lists, based on their mobile data bandwidth resources. Right now, you’re most likely segmenting your target prospects based on the make and models of their smartphones and portable devices, along with their service provider networks among other relevant details. However, since significant differences in mobile Internet connectivity speed have high impact changes to their online behavior, you’ll need to focus more on this aspect when developing your Web advertising and Internet marketing campaigns.
- Richer Media Content with More Extensive Interactive Features – Because of much faster mobile data resources, it’s likely for the biggest global names in Web publishing, ecommerce, app development and social media industries to rollout richer content publishing options and more interactive features into their platforms. What this means for businesses that target the users of these networks is a drastic change in how they create their Web properties and digital products, as well as how they publish their content.
These things should be factored into your marketing development campaigns. It should even be included in your business and product creation strategies. By doing this early in the game, this can provide you with early bird advantages and benefits over your top competitors. Plus, more options for implementing extensive interactive features can open doors for newer and much better marketing opportunities.
- Integration of More Real Time Communication Features into Devices & Platforms – The 5G mobile network upgrade is directly relevant to more extensive social media, IoT (Internet of things) and AI (artificial intelligence) applications. For example, a smart refrigerator can be equipped with a touch panel that informs users about the remaining stuff that they have, which can then be sent to their mobile devices as a list of grocery items.
To make this a more integrated experience for users, the manufacturer of the smart refrigerator can partner up with store chains and relevant advertisers within the vicinity of their users. These affiliated establishments and brands can then suggest products through ads that are displayed in the smart refrigerator touch panel and mobile app. These affiliates can then partner up with a mobile wallet provider, which can inform other devices like smart TVs and radios of partner manufacturers when to display ads for certain items that are currently in the user’s grocery list.
As you can see, it’s important for you to match your marketing development strategies and tactics with these IoT and AI products as soon as they hit the market. By then, you’ll need to identify the makes and models of tech gadgets that are widely used by your ideal prospects and existing customers. Partnering up with the manufacturers and distributors of those products, aside from other relevant third party establishments, can significantly boost the bottom-line results of your marketing campaigns.
- More Data-Driven Processes for Your Back & Front End Systems – Don’t forget that the mobile devices of your target customers are likely to be capable of consistently handling big amounts of data as they go about their day-to-day indoor and outdoor activities. With this, your mobile app should be designed to provide them with interactive features and dynamic content based on the most relevant things that they do online and offline. However, keep in mind that user activity tracking and privacy regulations are also likely to change even before the successful rollout and adoption of 5G mobile network tech. Of course, you should follow the regulations in the countries where your business operates.
This means your marketing development plans for your mobile apps should be aligned to these changes and regulations. You also need to come up with more creative ways to entice your ideal prospects and existing customers to regularly use your apps and programs, based on their most likely mobile computing behavior by the time that 5G wireless network connectivity becomes available to them.
- Better Back End Systems to Accommodate Heavier Demand for Instantaneous Multimedia Support Communications – A lot of people all around the world still prefer to see and talk to live support resources when they’re shopping and browsing for the products they want at an ecommerce portal. This means the demand for video chat sessions with live customer support and sales agents are expected to rise once 5G mobile tech network technology is already available to consumers.
This also means you should prepare sufficient back end resources and optimize your processes for simultaneously handling multiple video chat sessions as efficiently as possible. This can also help you increase your sales margins, improve repeat sales and allow you to retain more customers. These are the main reasons why you should factor this into your marketing development plans by the time that 5G mobile network tech has been successfully rolled out across your target locations.
Many marketing experts and business development analysts predict that these 5 changes could likely result to the most impactful effects on the behavior of consumers in a variety of niche markets and industries worldwide. So, it’s in your best interest to keep these things in mind when you’re optimizing your marketing development campaigns. This way, you’ll be several steps from your competitors by the time that they start to adjust what they’re doing because of these changes.