Website marketing plays a key role in any business. What matters most for successful marketing is creativity. A campaign should be neither expensive nor pompous. It needs to hit the intended targets. We sum up a few good approaches through this article. As a small business owner or marketing professional, you likely don’t have the resources of a mega-brand to market your service or product as aggressively or with the same reach.
- Eye-Candy Infographics: Infographics are probably the most effective way of informing people about your business in a concise and clever way. The benefit of are numerous. One, it doesn’t take a long time to create them. Two, infographics can be used in different media – from social media promotion to website pages, to the aforementioned email Three, they convey your promotional message in both words and colors, which immediately wins people’s attention.
2. Promotional Partnerships: The easiest way to popularize your small business for free on the local level is to connect with other small businesses. In this case, it would be perfect if you could reach deals for mutual promotion with enterprises that are linked to your field but that aren’t your direct competition. These can be the best for website marketing.
3.Traditional Website Marketing: Newspaper ads, as well as commercials on local TV and radio stations, still play an important role in attracting a new audience to your small business. A great example of such an approach are radio commercials that aim at drivers, since a research shows that drivers are among the most avid listeners to radio stations. This opens a wide range of multi-channel marketing options that can blend traditional and modern media.
- Host free events: Reporters are always looking for a good story. Give them what they want and get some free publicity by hosting a free event. You’ll get more response if there’s food or freebies involved.
- Build a referral network: Referrals and word of mouth are the most powerful website advertising technique, so build relationships with professionals and other businesses you would happily refer your customers to; and who can send referrals your way too.
- Send handwritten holiday, birthday, or thank you cards: to past and current clients, valued partners, vendors in your referral network, connections who have helped you–everyone you can think of. This is a low-cost and unique marketing idea for small business, but many entrepreneurs have reported its effectiveness.
- Setup an affiliate program: You get more sales and brand ambassadors for less. Website marketing has seen a boon through this technique in particular.
- List your business in local business directories.Google My Business from Google and Bing Places for Google from Bing are absolutely free for local businesses, while Yahoo Localworks from Yahoo is a paid service allowing to list your business in 50 directories (Yahoo Local, Yelp, WhitePages, Bing, Mapquest, etc.). Once you’re listed, start taking advantage of local search results, and don’t forget to ask you customers to leave reviews on your page.
- Use google my business: It is a particularly useful tool for local businesses with a local customer base. When people in the local area search on Google for the product or service you provide, this is a great way to have your business appear near the top of that search. When potential customers see your profile and accompanying good reviews at or near the top of the list, your business automatically gains credibility and people will be more willing to trust you.
- Use Google AdWords: While Google Adwords is more expensive than many other marketing options available, you should still consider it – because when done well, it can be a very powerful marketing tool. Remember, the key is for people to find you when they search on Google, and by using Adwords, you can greatly increase your chances of people seeing your name.
- Explore Content Marketing: You should create relevant content showcasing your business values and the care you take to resolve people’s problems with your products or services. Then, distribute the content through a wide range of channels online. This way of content marketing is a proven tactic to drive the traffic towards your business from varied sources. However, you need to have some patience, as the results will take time to materialize. Content marketing should be your strategy for a sustainable growth of visitors and customers of your business in the long term.
- Create Facebook Ads: Facebook advertising is another effective strategy that your small business can benefit from immensely. For small entrepreneurs, Facebook is an inexpensive website marketing platform to reach out to virtually any audience.
You can place Facebook ads to target your specific set of consumers based on their location, online behavior, sex, age etc. You do not require experienced people to use this social platform for marketing. Only few steps such as creating a catchy headline and adding some description, an image and a link to the ad is good enough to draw the attention of the audience to your ad and business. Facebook Ads Manager will guide you to create, run and test many ad tests so that you can find out which ad formula is catching attention of your consumers
- Use Social Media: A majority of your target customers are on different social channels. Most of your target audience is using social media for customer support. Your small business must be present on all the major social platforms like Twitter. Make sure that you devote your time to efforts for the growth of your social media audience. Many clever marketing professional invest a lot of time and money toward building their social media presence.
Most importantly, you must precisely know where your potential consumers hang out online. You will be targeting those social channels specially to take your business to the target audience. These techniques can be of great help while setting up your website marketing.