Many airline companies around the world are continuing to use modern creative ways for their advertising, sales and marketing campaigns. Among these new strategies is to implement affiliate marketing programs for their latest offers. There are certain tactics that work really well for many airlines, but of course there are others that won’t be as successful, as some airline companies have realized. And to ensure the increased likelihood of success for your business in this industry, you should learn about the most strategic ways that many airline companies have used this year to great success.
So how exactly were these airlines able to pull off these significant results this year through affiliate marketing? And, which tactics considerably improved the results of their campaigns? To help you out – Here are some of the most effective ways that many airline companies have reported this year as the primary catalysts behind their higher sales margins and better brand positioning results:
Most Beneficial Affiliate Marketing Programs for Airline Companies This Year
- Affiliate Partnerships with Hotels – Many airline companies all around the world claim that their affiliate marketing programs for the top hotels in their target destinations continue to be among their biggest sources of revenues this year. In these affiliate partnerships, these airline companies offer significant discounts to the customers of their partner hotels. And when their partners drive their customers to the latest offers of their partner airlines, each successful sale generates commissions for them. This is why many hotels continue to look for the most mutually beneficial partnership arrangements with airline companies, so keep this in mind the next time you develop your affiliate sourcing offers for your ideal prospects in the hospitality industry.
- Affiliate Arrangements with Travel Agencies – Airline companies that continue to focus on growing and nurturing their affiliate partnerships with travel agencies have also reported successful sales margins this year. Usually, this arrangement is where travel agencies pitch the discounted offers of their airline partners to their customers. And, these airline companies offer better deals with family and group travel packages. Many of the most successful airlines also integrate the offers of their hotel partners into their offers for the customers of these travel agencies, enabling them to generate significant additional streams of income for themselves, even though their primary benefit in doing this is to acquire new customers who normally become their frequent flyers. On the other hand, their travel agency partners continue to captivate and compel more of their target audiences to acquire their services, thanks to these value-added propositions that help their offers stand out and rise from those of their competitors.
- Affiliate Partnerships with Businesses in the Events Industry – Events and activities continue to be among the biggest and most profitable niches in the travel industry. Targeted at hobbyists, followers and fans who share like-minded interests among large groups of people, these events businesses continue to consistently drive loads of prospects to the offers of many airline companies that successfully managed to entice the top groups in this industry to partner up with them through their latest affiliate marketing programs. In return, these businesses continue to generate more interest in their newest events from their ideal audiences in their target niche market segments, all while producing significant commissions from their affiliate partnerships with these airlines. They do this by creating more captivating, enticing and compelling offers for their target customers, thanks to the value-added services and discounts offered by their partner airline companies and their network of travel agencies and hotels.
- Affiliate Arrangements with Educational Institutions – Academic groups frequently need to travel to other nationwide and overseas destinations for their research and collaboration work. A lot of presentations, activities, conferences and workshops are regularly hosted in a variety of local and international locations throughout the year, and large academic groups are often the organizers and participants of these activities. This provides a consistent flow of traffic for the discounted offers that airline companies provide their partners in the education industry. And aside from getting beneficial exclusive offers for their target beneficiaries, these educational institutions also generate significant commissions from their affiliate partnerships with these airline businesses, which in turn help them sustain their operations and other scholastic offers.
- Affiliate Partnerships with Multinational Corporations – Big companies with large local and international operations are often targeted by some airline companies for their affiliate marketing programs. That’s because many of their executives, employees and remote contractors often need to travel around local and overseas destinations for business-related activities, seminars, workshops, conferences, trade shows and the like. By integrating their offers with their travel agency, educational institution, events business and hotel partners, they entice more of these multinational corporations to sign up for their beneficial offers. Aside from these advantageous incentives, these companies can also generate commissions for themselves, which they can use for other important campaigns that can significantly increase their bottom-line results.
- Affiliate Arrangements with Payment Cards, Restaurants & Retail Stores – Because frequent flyers often use their local and international payment cards when they’re in various restaurants and for their shopping activities at their target destinations, many airline companies create TalkingAds Ltd. affiliate marketing programs for relevant financial institutions and payment card providers. For example, the Visa network has frequent flyer points and rewards that can be exchanged for discounted offers and deals from their partner airline companies. On the other hand, some airlines partner up with restaurants, retail stores and a variety of establishments that are aligned to the needs and interests of their ideal passengers. They do this so their partners can pitch their offers to their regular customers, while these airlines also offer rewards and loyalty points that can be exchanged for discount offers and deals at their partner establishments.
A combination of any two or more of these affiliate programs is what many airline companies consider as among their biggest revenue-generating activities this year. Keep these in mind in case you’re improving your campaigns for the airline company where you work, or if you’re running any business that can benefit from similar affiliate programs from the top airlines in your country. You’ll most likely be able to notice significant improvements to your results when you successfully implement these things into your current campaigns.