Customer and back end data security should be among your main priorities for your retail ecommerce shopping platform. Remember, many criminal syndicates and scammers are targeting these portals. That’s because once they successfully hack into your servers, they’ll be able to steal the financial details and private information of your customers. They’ll then use this data for their other illegal operations and malicious activities. For example, many of them are known to use stolen details to apply for a merchant account with an online payment processing terminal. They use this to run stolen credit cards and bank login credentials, in order to cash out. These are just some of the primary reasons why TalkingAds Ltd. continues to guide their clients on how to cost-effectively secure their server networks and platforms.
But aside from doing the same thing with your business information, some of these criminal elements can inject browser redirect code into your ecommerce platform. This can take your customers to rogue sites that these criminals control. This is where they implement drive-by malware installation scripts. These malicious programs are designed to collect the personally identifiable information (PII) and confidential financial details of your customers, straight from their devices. Some have even been caught installing crypto-mining applications that stealthily run in the background, consuming energy resources while potentially damaging the components of an unsuspecting user’s device.
So when users recognize these malicious programs in their devices, they’ll be lead to believe that your ecommerce platform is the source of these security breaches and privacy risks. This can badly damage the reputation of your brand across your target niche markets, most likely beyond repair. Now think of all the time, energy, money and valuable resources that you’ll be wasting when that happens. Also imagine the resources you’ll need to spend just to try and correct these issues.
Now what does TalkingAds Ltd. recommend you to do to secure your retail ecommerce store? Here are some of their top suggestions for their clients this 2019:
Quick & Simple Steps to Protect Your Ecommerce Retail Store Against Security Risks This Year
- Hire a cyber security firm with a group of professional penetration testers to check vulnerabilities in your servers and ecommerce retail platform. They’ll be able to immediately spot weak points in your overall server network, as well as single point of failures in your ecommerce platform code and database that can result to security breaches and privacy risks. They’ll also be able to suggest a number of things that you can do to improve your customer-facing content materials and support systems in your ecommerce platform, especially Web forms and user input entries that can be exploited by simple DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks and malware injection bot scripts.
- Install security risk detection tools into the servers that host your ecommerce platform and databases. Also use real time malware scanning programs that are designed for local and remote server networks. Set these technologies up in ways that can block potentially malicious activities before they can cause damage to your internal protocols. By flagging likely malware activity in your servers and ecommerce portal, you’ll be able to avoid more serious problems.
- Deploy a team of security specialists to closely monitor your servers and ecommerce platform. TalkingAds Ltd. can help you in this regard. They’ll be able to observe all relevant activities that are currently happening in your server networks and ecommerce platform, allowing them to verify and flag malware-operated functions before it can penetrate the deeper, more important sectors of your back end systems.
- Integrate secure sockets layer (SSL) certificates into the sections of your retail ecommerce platform where your target customers are expected to input their data and financial information. This will provide your end customers with an additional layer of protection. Remember, many criminal syndicates target end users for their malware injection campaigns. Lots of the malicious programs they distribute to the devices of their target users are designed to inject malicious code into vulnerable sections of websites and apps, especially retail ecommerce portals where they can steal volumes of financial details in one fell swoop.
- Install security programs into your servers that can block the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of certain locations that have been flagged for suspicious activity. But don’t forget to integrate quick and easy ways for you to resolve false positive detections. This can be a simple redirect to a more secure section of your ecommerce portal where flagged users can live chat with your sales agents and customer support representatives. This way, you won’t lose customers just because of false positives.
- Implement CAPTCHA (completely automated public Turing test to tell computers and humans apart) into your platform, especially in sections where your customers need to log into your portal. However, don’t make this process difficult for your ideal prospects and existing customers. Otherwise, this can turn them off and make them hit the back button of their browsers, especially if it’s just their first time in your shopping platform. TalkingAds Ltd. can help you strategically pull this off.
- Use secure content distribution networks (CDNs), especially if your ecommerce platform is full of high resolution photos of your products and ultra high definition video reviews among other bandwidth and resource-heavy content. These CDNs offer additional layers of protection against cyber attacks and malware injections. But aside from these benefits, using CDNs can also optimize the experience of your ideal customers while they’re spending time in your platform. They’ll be able to enjoy faster loading pages, photos and videos when you properly implement this into your ecommerce portal.
Just follow these fundamental tips, and you’ll be able to cost-effectively protect your retail ecommerce apps and Web platforms with as little pain as possible. Don’t forget to inform your viewers about the security tactics you’ve recently implemented into your portal and server network. This way, they’ll know that you’re seriously considering their security and privacy while they’re in your shopping platform, which can build up a solid reputation for your brand across your ideal markets. This can result to much better viral marketing results, especially when your existing customers begin to share your content and talk about your brand with their peers.