When the Internet started to become a conducive environment for businesses of all sizes to promote their latest offers and newest products, a few things became quickly apparent. First, there are certain things that are frowned upon, especially when it comes to the overall experience of users while they’re browsing the Web to view the content that they want. These were mainly focused on the website marketing tactics used by organizations, commercial establishments, individual marketers and independent content publishers.
There were strategies and techniques that were more efficient in terms of cost-effectively reaching particular audiences and tactically communicating the right marketing messages to them. As time goes by, these continue to take new forms and are constantly being re-aligned to best suit the activities, needs, interests and habits of Web users worldwide.
Now this year, social media is a key element in your marketing campaigns more than ever. That’s because billions of people all around the world are spending more time in these platforms than in any other Web property or mobile app. With this, here’s a list of the top 10 dos and don’ts when it comes to successfully using social media for your Internet marketing campaigns:
10 Things to Keep in Mind When Using Social Media for Your Website Marketing Campaigns This Year
- Just like what you do for the other things in your overall website marketing campaign plan, you need to identify the most crucial social media platforms where you should position your brand and promote your latest offers to your ideal customers and target prospects. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting an awful lot of time, energy and money when you blindly choose the most popular social media site today without knowing for sure if your target users are actually hanging out in those platforms.
- Develop your organic posts, paid placements and ads in ways that are aligned to the content viewing preferences and habits of your talkingAds recommended prospects while they’re spending time in their favorite social media sites. This requires you to observe the activities and take note of the preferences of your ideal prospects in your shortlisted social media platforms. For example, very brief yet captivating posts with attention-grabbing images and compelling call to action links are generally more effective in Twitter, while a little bit longer posts with equally captivating images, headlines and call to action links are also quite effective in Facebook. Meanwhile, members of niche LinkedIn groups and a variety of specialized discussion boards like Web forums are more familiar with technical, a bit more detailed discussions about particular topics and news stories.
- Posts that are solely designed to sell something are mostly prohibited in many public and private social groups and communities. This is the main reason why these places normally have their own advertising, classified and sales sections.
- Keep in mind that your objective is to help other members in relevant social groups and communities with problems, concerns and interests in topics and news stories that are most relevant to your brand, content and offers. This way, you’ll be able to steadily build up your reputation across those social media platforms as a friendly resource of helpful content and products. This is an important website marketing tactic as not too many users remember brands that are clearly just luring them to check out their latest offers.
- Always be polite and professional when communicating with the viewers, fans, followers and members of these social media groups, communities and pages. Make it a point to ensure that the prose and statements in your content are aligned to the cultural nuances most familiar to the members and fans of those social media places.
- Remember, there are instances (or social media groups and pages) where using accounts with real human-sounding names as opposed to using your social media business accounts are more effective in terms of resonating with the needs and concerns of the viewers, members and fans of those communities. This is generally the case even when you’re spending time in professional communities like Web forums and specialized LinkedIn groups.
- As a website marketing strategy, it’s often more effective to promote your brand across your target social media sites through their advertising platforms while you’re constantly engaging in meaningful discussions with the fans, followers and members of those communities. This way, many of them are likely to be more receptive of your ads when they see it while they’re spending time in those places, especially if they’ve already gotten to know you and have recognized the value of your contributions in those groups and pages.
- Don’t forget to make it quick, easy and convenient for your target viewers to share your on-site content posts and pages with their peers and across their favorite social media platforms. You should also align your on-site organic content, opt-in and sales funnel development campaigns to the content viewing preferences, needs and interests of your ideal social media audiences.
- On a similar note, you should offer convenient ways for your target prospects and ideal customers to contact your sales and support teams through the social media communication tools that they’re most familiar in using. Businesses all around the world claim they started to get more inbound queries and more active customers after they implemented these into the support and communication features of their sites and apps.
- Carefully choose the right social media influencers to use for your promotional activities. You wouldn’t want to taint the reputation of your brand after hooking up with a social media influencer who isn’t quite popular and isn’t very much well-liked by your target audiences. Just wisely choose ones who are highly regarded by your ideal prospects and target customers as friendly experts in directly and verticaly relevant niche topics and subject areas.
Don’t forget these top 10 social media marketing dos and don’ts for your website marketing campaigns this year. You’re likely to start noticing the improvements to your bottom-line results a few weeks or so of carefully following these things while using social media for your promotional activities.